New to reef keeping.. Lighting advice?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Gonna need some more (close up) pics of that fixture please. How's the build quality?

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
It is really sleek looking. The thing is like a giant heat sink and the thickest part is about the same as the diameter of a quarter Dimable white and blue cree led's, programmable with sunrise & sunset settings, and thermally triggered fans. If you want more pictures or of a specific part just ask. ;)

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Very nice fixture! Thank you, the pics are great. Does it come with a hanging kit by chance? Do you know if the optics are all the same degree or are some tighter than others?

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
It did come with a hanging kit! The way it mounts into the fixture is really clean too. There is also a padded system for the legs if mounting on a rimless tank. You can also purchase a pivoting ball mount separately. I will probably build a canopy and suspend from inside the canopy.

The optics are 90 degrees

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
I would just dp o a DIY led system, cheap, powerful, and not very hard at all

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
I can point you to some excellent DIY post if you are inclined to go that way (I was going to DIY until the Razor came along) I also considered doing 4-6 Par 38's. Finally I can find out what the ebay led fixture that the RC guys are so fond of if you are interested in that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store