new to this and i have a few questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
ok so my first brown bloom was the first rock is there going to be another i i actualy started this thread from something that it was kinda orange in a way but it settled into a brown coat on my LR and sand. and i hope i have something cool hiding in there my most hopefull peice is an 11 pound mass in the center of my tank

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
heres a pic sorry for the quality the tanks to bright for my webcam.... should i restack my rock or maybe get more

Snapshot_20100201_1.jpg Snapshot_20100201_5.jpg Snapshot_20100201_6.jpg

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Make the aquascape ho you like it. The bridge you have going looks good and helps with flow across the sandbed. If you decide to rescape and the big rock(s) is too hard to work with you can use a screwdriver and a hammer to make it/them smaller. Another good idea is to keep rocks off your side glass so you can get to it when algae starts to grow.

Yes, diatoms will end up everywhere before they go away. It's completely normal.

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
the curved corner is deceptive but i have about an inch on all but the back side ( the front has more like 5-7) i thought it looked a little trashy with it touching the sides plus it was destroying the flow around my rocks. i have always been a fan of the pyramid ( or cluster or what have you) in the middle with lots of space on all sides but with the LR i found and loved is kind of blocking those possibility's because of the space i have but i like this it gived me alot of different lighting flow and space opertunitys the peice in the middle is riddled with large holes on top for when im ready for corals and need to stick a plug somewhere.... i seem to be rambling... well seeing as how i dont have anymore questions just yet and theres nothing i can do to my tank at the moment i wil shift off to my other expensive habit..... reptilians. more specificly my new Schneiders skink thanks for the help every one i appreiciate it so much

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
thought i would update it because i love it so much. i was attacked by hair algae got rid of it and am now stabilized. my tank has 4nas, 2 turbo and one "ninja" snail also have 6 dwarf hermits and a sally light foot. today i was gifted 3 zoo colonys and a frog spawn which opened after a short time but are still a bit pale. the tank looks great, i could have never done this with out the help i received here. ill try and post some pictures tomorrow. does anyone think i should get anything other then iodine for my corals that i have right now?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Sounds great. Glad your liking the hobby (I love it a lot too). Love to see some pics of your corals. I assume you water parameters are in good shape. Are your dosing iodine directly to your tank or just dipping your corals in something like Lugol's Solution? Be very careful adding iodine to your tank and if you do you should be testing for it. You don't want to OD your tank with that.

If your frogspawn is not opening fully after a few days try redirecting the flow in that area of the tank. Euphyllia like indirect flow and will retract if the flow is to direct or strong on them (you could also move the coral to a lower flow area). Basically the polyps should sway gently back and forth in the current.

Oh and keep an eye on that crab. Many are reported to be safe but even then there are always rouge individuals.

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
no my corals doing great the frog spawn was just being shy its now happly waving under my attinics. which make corals look great to my suprise. i need to find a better camera to do them justice there nothing fancy but still very nice

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Glad to hear it. Frogspawns are one of my favorites. Mine is bigger than a softball now and it was just a 3 head frag when I got it just over a year ago.

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
thats one of the best parts about buying a small fish/frag you get to see them grow. and i love my little guy to but at the ment im tying to get my hands on a nicer toad stool i dont know what it is i just love them. theres was one at fish doctors i used to stare at it was there forever and a few days before i could grab it of course it would sell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store