New wild caught L-134's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
I am also curious in your thoughts on the earlier question about their reclusiveness -- but I suppose they are new to the tank, so it is too early to tell!

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
I have mine in a 40 breeder with plenty of cover available. I really can't say how reclusive they are though, because the tank is so filled with Najas very little of it is actually visible w/out disturbing it. I've thinned it out a couple times, but it grows back again faster than the fish would become accustomed to more open water.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
The plecos are AWESOME! I want some :eek:! They are really pretty. I've never seen those before! Really cool lookin!

Last edited:

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Very nice lookin fish. I hope you will let us know if they spawn, plecoman!

plecoman

AC Members
Dec 30, 2009
Columbia, TN.
Mine are very shy. They stay under cover all day long. Once it's dark, and the lights are out, you can see them almost immediately on the wall's of the tank. I put breeding caves out in the open and they love to stay in them, but only the front half of their body is hid. The whole back half hangs out of the tube and this allows me to at least see part of them in the light. I would recommend this to anyone that attempts to keep them. I had an outbreak of ich in one of my tanks that I had some in, and by the time I noticed it, it was too late for the treatment to work. Now I can see their back half real good, hanging out of the tubes, and it easy to spot a problem if one arises. They do not wander around in the light at all, so it's critical that you position their hiding places where you can see them.

I will let you know if they start to breed. Some of the males are getting their odontodes now, so maybe they will be breeding before long.

Last edited:

clayt101

Registered Abuser
I am also getting in the L-134 breeding game. I have 8 F-1's from 4 different sources. I will also get 8 or 9 wild. I am setting up 2 58 inch long river tanks.

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Do you have any pictures clay?

I am also getting in the L-134 breeding game. I have 8 F-1's from 4 different sources. I will also get 8 or 9 wild. I am setting up 2 58 inch long river tanks.

yss

AC Members
Jan 2, 2012
Northern VA
Real Name
Yun
Good luck breeding these guys. I heard it's not easy. There is a person named Larry (apistomaster) who breeds L134s. Don't know whether or not he is active here, but active at simplydiscus.com. He posted a thread on describing what he does to breed these guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store