Norman's Lampeye Killifish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ustabefast

AC Members
Jan 17, 2017
Santa Barbara area.
Real Name
Gregg
Anyone have experience with these little fish?
I am thinking of putting a large group into my well planted 40 gallon aquarium,
It has heavy filtration, 350gph, so I wonder if they are strong enough swimmers to thrive in a well filtered planted tank.
Tankmates would be cardinal tetras , Tropical Rice fish and Cherry shrimp.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
turnover of the filter isn't as relevant as the speed of the return... How diffused it might be (spraybar vs. jet) will have a bigger impact than just the volume of water that is filtered.

I'm actually considering getting some myself.

ustabefast

AC Members
Jan 17, 2017
Santa Barbara area.
Real Name
Gregg
My filter just has the nozzle. It's pointed up a bit towards the surface and across to the far corner of the tank, minimizing current in the tank as much as I can manage. But the surface agitation is pretty strong of course.
I just don't want these little fish blown around. I do have some tiny endlers liverbearers in this tank and they are fine with the water movement.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
fish will tend to stay out of the current if they need to.. just be sure to have some hardscape in there that they can shelter behind when they need to.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Sorry,

I tried.. she did have them in stock recently, and they were at least listed yesterday when I posted (I did check.. promise)

I was looking at them and the threadfin rainbows.. But keep an eye out.. maybe she'll have them in stock again soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store