Northern pufferfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
dude it's a native species, I don't think you're gonna get a reply

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Well, I've seen Checkered Puffers go for around $40 at close to adult size. Not sure how well they sell at that though since it is pretty rare to see anyone attempting to sell them around here.

The problem with native species is you typically can't get a general price on them. You simply slap a moderate price on them and hope they sell. A common saltwater puffer (depending on species) tends to range $10-40. Find someone who really wants one and you can maybe jump into the less common medium-sized puffer range of $40-80. Personally, based on the looks of the Checkered/Southern/Northern puffers I'd be surprised if they sold outside of the $40 and below range.

newbie breeder

AC Members
Aug 26, 2011
This summer I was thinking about getting some SW tanks and go out collecting. I was thinking $10-$20 a pufferfish. I can catch them with a net to cause minimal injury on them. I can get them at around 3-5inches each and apparently they grow 8-10inches max.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I would, I think they are wonderfully ugly. How much would you be looking to sell for, excluding shipping costs?
Old post, and it looks like the op hasn't been around in a while. I catch them as bycatch when I go out collecting Caribbean tropicals. Get your post count up high enough to pm and get in touch with me in August.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store