Ogre's update

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
Good News / Bad News

Bad News
I've had to make a couple of multi-day trips recently and everytime I come back, the hair algae has expanded in my tank. While I'm here, I can get it to go almost completely away. When I go away for even a few days... the hair algae just explodes. Sigh.

Good News
It appears our Yellow clown gobies have laid eggs in the candy cane.

It's definitely time to get a skimmer. So, I'll go do that today, I think. We've also gotten some very nice corals, that I have pictures of... see below.

DSCN0212.JPG

DSCN0120.JPG

DSCN0212.JPG DSCN0120.JPG

fishiefishie

AC Members
Nov 12, 2006
Glad to hear the clown gobies are doing so well! I just love those little fish!
Nice corals, too!!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Looks great, Ogre. The goby is adorable! Congrats on the eggs.

FishVixen

DIY Addict
Jun 30, 2010
Richmond Va
Hair algae can be a pain but we can't expect a pristine tank at all times. (I'd love to be a lazy hobbiest with a perfect tank but it just doesn't seem to work that way! LOL) Congrates on the gobies.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Sorry to hear about the hair algae, but it sounds like it's almost more of an irritation than it is a plague. Hopefully, you'll be keep it knocked down and be able to eliminate it over time.

The news about the clown gobies is great! I've never had much success with them, so it's encouraging to hear that yours are breeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store