Ok, I give up!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TJcanada

AC Members
Hey I like :D ..how deep? Ya know, after all the hard work..that's what it's supposed to be there for...peaceful, tranquil, and throughly enjoyable(besides the weekly maintenance, which I find some how relaxing anyways)...

I hope you do it RaVen.

TJ
p.s. if ya still want those links..let me know.....

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
I dunno, 15'-20' maybe? hehehe I'm sure it would seem like that by the time ya hit 3' by hand! Luckily I know a guy that knows a guy that owns a Bobcat with an arm... He can go to 4' down I think, but I'll probably go like 2' terraces and a 3' center... Gotta check with the city and find out what all is on my property, don't wanna blow anything up =)

I'm gonna try to get a scale drawing of my location together this weekend and do a better draft... I hate not knowing EXACTLY what will fit =)

Of course, I'm still convincing my finace that the pond is a worthy project... She wants a deck and jacuzzi, I do too but the $ isn't there heheh

Realisticly speaking, how much SHOULD this pond cost me?

Ozma

junior
Nov 27, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
My pond is a similar size and shape and it cost me about $300 total. Hubby did the hole - by the way - think now about where all that dirt is going to go! Used old carpeting for the underlayment. The EPDM liner was about $100 (there used to be a good web site called affordableponds.com). I have 8' long stream with waterfall powered by a pump which also cost about $100. I used rocks from my property to anchor the liner and to be decorative. I do not have a filter, but lightly stock and use plants (particulary water hyacinths) as a veggie filter. Added fish, tadpoles, and plants for about another $100. I also picked up a heater ($15) to keep a hole in the ice in the winter and screening ($15) to keep the leaves out in the fall. overall, it has been rather low maintenance and great fun to have around.

Wench

AC Members
Feb 25, 2002
Cleveland, NY
Ya know Raven, just because your not sure if your doing the pond thing, don't mean the rest of us aren't interested in TJ's pond links. Will you ask her to post them already!! :D

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
lol! I'm sorry =)

TJ? Would you please post those links please? That was a total oversight, cuz I clicked yer sig link and assumed that's where you were talking about... Btw, yer not a meanie =)

TJcanada

AC Members
:D that's good to know RaVen....

There are several ponding/koi links located on my sites LinkPage, but here's a few I don't have there.....

Links:

PetSolutions - commercial products list

WernersPonds - commercial site - good articals

Pond Building:
A Guide to Planning, Constructing, and Maintaining Recreational Ponds

PondRushes - Chucks site his views on ponding (site is being moved shortly but the info is there for now)

PondDoc - commerical site with some good info

KoiFishPonds - under constant construction but helpful

KoiCymru - info on bottom drains

GuardianFilterSystems - commercial

FishDoc.net - informative site

VetCentric - artical GoldFishPonds

These are just a few.. do a Google search and you'll find plenty more..... just weed out the mis-information cause like with anything there's lots of it.

I do have plenty of my own opinions about products(pumps/filters/etc)..... always here to provide those if asked.

Have fun!
TJ

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store