On the right track?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hondamx

AC Members
Jul 1, 2006
Well you don't want to get to many fish while cycling. I don't think it would be to bad. What are you thinking of getting.

astrocreep101

AC Members
Aug 11, 2006
I was toying with the idea of getting 3 flame tetras, 3 neon tetras, and a dwarf gourami as the center piece. Does this sound like a good match up?

astrocreep101

AC Members
Aug 11, 2006
Oh yeah I forgot one thing, Would it be a good idea to keep what I have until the cycling is complete or slowly swap for the other fish. Example: take the angel back and get 3 tetras, then the following week take back the shark and get three more tetras and then finally get rid of the sailfin and get the dwarf gourami? or should I do this all at once right now?

astrocreep101

AC Members
Aug 11, 2006
Excellent! Thank you guys very much for the advice. I just got back from Earl May and they have the fish you recommended. So it looks like I won't have a problem getting what I need. How long does it take for a tetra or a dwarf gourami to reach it's max size? They sure looked awefully tiny at the store.

:shark:

hondamx

AC Members
Jul 1, 2006
well they're probobly juvenile. It depenson how old the fish is. tetras and dwarf gouramis only reach like 2 inches.

Last edited:

SubluxT7

Biology Major
Jul 29, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
Real Name
Sandra
astrocreep101 said:
I was toying with the idea of getting 3 flame tetras, 3 neon tetras, and a dwarf gourami as the center piece. Does this sound like a good match up?
I would suggest either you do the flame tetras or the neons, not both. Both of these fish are schoolers, and would do best in a group of a least 5 or 6. I wouldn't not add any fish while you are cycling. I'm not that knowledable about gourami's, so I can't give an opinion on them.

Sandy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store