Operation Overkill: 10 gallon reef build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
okay... this has gone on WAAAYYY too long. i have a few pics. no full tank shots or sps pics yet cause everythign is browned out after a heavily dosed interceptor and iodine dip on all acros.
but i finaly decided on a fish:

and how could i handle the bioload you ask?
here is about 1-2 minutes after starting it up:

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
oooh what the hey... here's my ORA duncan as well. much more green in person. as well as the angler.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
ahaha. no. not really planning on anything else in there. i may try something to see how it goes. ive not tried feeding this one live food, but he is very particular as to how he takes his frozen.
at the LFS i work at, we have another one that has had a yelow tail damsel in the tank for months. and it is HORRIFIED (as it hsould be). it stays in one corner of the tank at all times, unless it ventures our for food.
and thanks, i liked the quote and thought it was funny, as well as rather accurate for the budget im on. haha :)

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
so. my first night with the tank in the dorm last night. everyone LOVED my angler (i have had a few people name him. someone named him chester, another Wario, but the one that seems to be sticking the most is halliburton). there have been a few changes to my system... while moving the tank yesterday morning, i accidently dropped the HOB fuge while it had the sand and a little big of water in it (just enoughto keep the sand alive). there wasnt a lot and it wasnt very high but it was enough to push the whote pins that the fuge rests against the back of the tank THROUGH the 10 gallon and the support on top of the aquafuge broke... so a bunch of water spilled all over the floor (and the one below me) at 7 am. luckily, i had already siphoned most of the water out, so it was just a few gallons. none the less,not a good start to the day. haha. but because of that, i didnt wat to then redo my sandbed and take it out to put it in another tank and mess it up and probably release something (even though it's only a few months old). i also do not havae an aquafuge on the back (yet) and because of the sand, i am now going barebottom. i grabbed my wavemaker that was on my 40 and i figure ill get a few more small powerheads and ill have a barebotttom with a wavemaker again. lord knows my skimmer is up to it.
anyways, everything is up and running, i just have to aquascape.
wish meluck!
and it would also be a good idea to get a longer saupport for the little pins on an aquafuge if you have one ;)

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
An angler in a 10 gallon?
for now. yes. it's a small wartskin (maculatus). he is only going to get 4 inches. if he does get too large, i will take him out. but as you can see in the threads previous, i have the skimmer to handle the bioload.

Riverserver

i r 2pro4u
Apr 13, 2007
Ooooh, for a second I thought you were talking about Antennarius maculatus, which get 6". You REALLY are going for overkill huh?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store