Opps!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lethalp

AC Members
Jan 1, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
I accidently bought a saltwater nitrate test kit and tested my water before I knew I had the wrong stuff. It turned bright pink, which is toxic, so is it wrong? SO much for asking the pet store people to help me huh?

lethalp

AC Members
Jan 1, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
ok, I figured that would be the case. I was scared and excited at the same time, the one tank was toxic high and the other one was white.......back to the drawing board Charlie Brown, Thanks.

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
A test you may want to consider... It may be $20.00 but it's worth it. Tetras Lab kit, they usually are at any wal-mart. Sure u could get one there. ;)

carpguy

lots of small fish
Jul 15, 2002
nyc
Visit site
Unless you're looking for a baseline in your tapwater, you're not really going to be seeing nitrAtes for a bit.

If the fish have only been in the water for a week or so, you'll be looking for the ammonia to start to fall and the nitrItes to start to climb. NitrAtes are going to be a few weeks off, so you'll need the kit, but you really don't need it tonight. NitrAtes are the home stretch of this thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store