Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

  1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

outflow tubing from 1" to 5/8"

Discussion in 'Freshwater Equipment, Products, & DIY' started by unseenone00, Mar 15, 2012.

  1. unseenone00

    unseenone00 AC Members

    Real Name:
    Sep 30, 2011
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Last Seen:
    Jan 1, 2013
    Real Name:
    Im blaming the fact that im tired and it is 1:13, so ill be going to bed shortly- I need information on how to turn the 1" tube from a canister outflow into a single 5/8" tube, my searching in this tired state is getting me nowhere and confusing me... what is the connector called? whats it look like? how is it done? etc... thanks!
  2. dundadundun

    dundadundun ;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!

    Real Name:
    Jan 21, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    S.E. PA
    Last Seen:
    Jul 12, 2015
    here's one way... http://www.wakemakers.com/1-inch-3-4-inch-hose-barb-coupler.html

    you'll need hose clamps with that.

    5/8 tubing should fit right over that 3/4 end if you boil a pot of water and heat it in there until it's pliable first. once you get it over, set it to cool or run it under cool water to cool it faster. once it's cool, it should be a good, snug fit that won't leak. i'd still use the hose clamps per mfr's suggestion for extra precaution in this case, though.

    here's another option... http://www.boatersplus.com/seakamp-...e&utm_content=MM-SK3/4X1P&utm_campaign=google

    still 3/4", so you're still going to have to heat the 5/8" hose up some.

    that is some serious flow reduction, though. i might reconsider that if it were me.

Share This Page