Pale Glowlight Tetra

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Drewbacca

AC Members
Mar 20, 2019
Tonight before going to bed I noticed one of my glow lights was looking a little off. It had a slightly pale discoloration and wasn’t schooling with the other 7. Up until today it had been acting normally, so I’m not sure if it’s sick or I’m just seeing things. My parameters are all good with ammonia and nitrite 0 and nitrate at 5. I’ve had this guy for almost 2 years now and it’s always been one of my more sturdy fish. Any thoughts? I’ve attached pics of my main school and the one sick one for comparison. It also seems to be opening and closing its mouth rapidly, but my video format doesn’t seem to be compatible with the forum. I’ve never lost a fish since upgrading to my 55 gallon. The only new introduction were 6 Otos I added about 2 weeks ago, but they all look healthy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Drewbacca

AC Members
Mar 20, 2019
Well, it made it through the night but was starting to float vertically and swim erratically in the morning. I left the house to drop off my daughter and came back to find it dead. No sign of illness in the others so far. Hopefully it was just an older fish and the others will be ok.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store