Passing of my 18+ year old clown pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
It is with great sadness I report the loss of my longest living fish, ever, my 18+ year old clown pleco. I bought him 1/2 year before my now 17.5 year old son, and he was the only sibling my son ever had. Never grew a cm since the day I brought him into my house, so I have no idea how old that little fish was...but he will be greatly missed.

So if you can, raise a toast for the old guy today!
101_7935.JPG

Eric

Greggz

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
Novi, MI
That is sad. I have quite a few fish over nine years old, well past their normal life span. So I know my days are coming.

Funny you can grow quite attached to something you have cared for for so long. And 18+ years is a solid testament to your fish keeping skills. Sorry for your loss.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
You are a great fish keeper and your pleco was lucky to have you!

I love to see posts and pics about long lived fish.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Kudos! I had a clown plec that lived 12+ years before I had to rehome him before a move. The little sweetie was my late night fish friend, never saw him otherwise. They are very neat fish, yours was a looker! Nice pic, RIP.

Reactions: Jayhawk

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
Thanks everyone! He was a great little guy. I went over to the LFS today...but didn't have the heart to bring home another pleco yet. He was out during the day fairly frequently...when he thought no one was looking. Of course, if you got anywhere near the tank he'd dive for cover. Such a perfect size for a 20 long, too. I'm sure there will be another clown pleco in my future!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Wow! 18 year. Dog do not live that long. You should be proud.

corygirl50

AC Members
Oct 3, 2015
Aww that's rough - A little fish but a big place in your heart. You did an awesome job caring for him for so long. Cheers to your little guy!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
An awesome fish and a credit to your care.....

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
Thanks again everyone. Feeding of sinking foods is much more peaceful, though...he was the boss of the bottom of the tank. LOL.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store