Peacock Gudgeon Spawning!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
The tube next door is actually occupied by another pair lol, that male looks kinda "special" though. Hopefully the fry will look ok. I'm suprised by the first tube none of the eggs have fungus. I will leave them for a few more days and then seperate the male.

I will be raising the fry in a java moss jungle by themselves. And will slowly add them with their big brothers, if they make it that is.

nguyendetecting

Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
fry update pics! also there is some krib fry next to them too. As you can see the peacock gudgeon are still small. The krib fry are less than a week old

a new tube of eggs, crap for hatch rate again and another tube in the tank also. I may need to seperate the eggs and super soften the water or something

DSC_0278.JPG DSC_0275.JPG DSC_0269.JPG

fishboy271

AC Members
Jan 3, 2011
fairview pa
sorry i know this is a little old but how old are the peacock gudgeon fry in the first 2 pics out of the 3.
and do you have any updated pics please and thanks.

nguyendetecting

Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
about a month old and are still doing well the krib fry as caught up in size already. the new batch actually hatched with a really good hatch rate but I kinda sucked at raising the new batch. Just not prepared enough as of right now. will take new pics tomorrow

GMYukonon24s

AC Members
Feb 9, 2008
MICHIGAN
nice babies. How many gudgeons did you start out with. I found some at a LFS thats like 45 miles from me that has them for like $12. So I was trying to come up with how many you had so I could breed them. thanks

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
Did you condition the parents only on flake food? Sorry if this was already brought up but I didn't want to go through all 6 pages to find out!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store