Pearlscale goldfish???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Would 3-5 be ok say I wanted to get regular fancys instead??? I noticed the tikus or pearlscale as there called at my job are kinda push over and get picked on by the black moors and was thinking of getting a black moor.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I would go more with 3 than 5, fantails can get a bit bigger than some of the other fancies. My demekins are about 7-8", while Mei, my fantail, is 11"+.

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
She is a monster all right, lol.

Shen (the smaller of the two) is around 8".

People walk into my living room and are like, "OMG look at those things!" LOL
Kristina

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Got to admit those look awesome and there is one I like alot at my job bout an inch in length a fancy but only place ide be able to put it is in my 20gal for the time being and my other tanks are currently overstocked so just keep convincing myself to wait.

adambrown81

Registered Member
Oct 29, 2009
Hi
A Pearlscale Goldfish requires a minimum 70-gallon tank, very peaceful, require a temperature of 65-75° F with a pH 6.5-7.5, and can grow to a maximum size up to 1' 2".

The Crown Pearlscale is a member of the goldfish group, long-time favorites of many beginner hobbyists. The Crown Pearlscale Goldfish derived its common name from its iridescent, pearl-like scales and the crown atop its head, similar to an oranda variety. The Crown Pearlscale Goldfish is found in a variety of colors, including red, orange, black, and white, and is almost always a combination of colors. Actually a carp, Carassius auratus auratus can attain a substantial size of 14 inches. The Crown Pearlscale Goldfish will do best in a tank with a fine gravel bottom and hardy, cold water plants. It is a digger, and will scatter the fine sand onto leaves, injuring thin and less hardy plants. Roots and well-rounded river rocks are appreciated. There appears to be a definite courtship ritual when Goldfish breed. Courtship culminates in up to 1,000 eggs, with fry hatching in five to six days. Fry should be fed small live food, and until about 8 months of age, have a very unimpressive, drab coloration. Goldfish are omnivorous, and will eat all types of dried and live foods. Limit protein, however, to 30% of the diet. A Goldfish flake or pellet food will provide these fish with the proper nutrition. Because Goldfish are coldwater species, the only tank mate that your goldfish can have is a Plecostomus (I would recommend the Bristle-Nose Plecostomus).

GeorgeG

AC Members
Nov 11, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.azdiscus.com
pearlscale goldfish

I have been looking to get 6 of these but can not find them from a Koi/Goldfish dealer. I am not looking to buy them from some place like Dr's Foster/Smith or Pet Solutions. Anyone have a source for them and who ships.
Thanks
George

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
George, have you tried Goldfishconnection? How about Raingarden.us? If you're willing to spend for freight costs, go for it.:thumbsup:

GeorgeG

AC Members
Nov 11, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
www.azdiscus.com
I looked into Rain Garden and his selection is only individual Goldfish. He did not have a group of the same color pattern. I looked at Goldfishconnection and they do not have any for sale. I import Discus from Malaysia so I am checking if my Discus source can check into sending me some nice ones.

Thank you

George

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store