Penguin Bio Wheel 170 ? ..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Davey

AC Members
Oct 22, 2002
i just purchases a penguin bio wheel 170 when i put the wheel on it and its splashes evevrywherei nthe tank i dotn no why its doing this and the wheel Spins very fast ? ... why is it doing this ?

rohai

AC Members
Dec 27, 2002
Visit site
yep

they quiet down with age, it may take a couple of weeks for the splashing to stop though. Raising the water level will help and once it gets "mature" it will spin slower and splash less.

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
Yea, it's normal, but it doesn't take weeks to become normal, it takes a day. When you set it up, it makes a lot of noise throughout the night, and the next day it is fine. Your water level should be about a cm or so from the frame.

T

TnCgal

Agreed with NJDF. :)

The Bio-Wheel will slow down as it saturates with water, which should only take a day or so.

You should not fill your tank SO high that the water flows out of the filter and lands directly into the water... the water should always be kept at half an inch below the top of the frame so that the water coming out of your filter has the chance to capture oxygen on its way back into the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store