Perch Keeping

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RITheory

A tad past slightly crazy...
Jun 30, 2010
Buffalo/Rochester, New York
I know but my friend caught some babies...and I've never had luck catching perch myself (them and the f***ing bluegills always nibble at the bait >.< )

Bioshock

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
in home aquaria. ;)
I got ya know.
I wouldn't be keeping perch if I was the Op. Your taking a wild species and would be trying to raise it in a tank that is just too small regardless of the size to begin with. The perch will grow very fast in 20l and then what are you going to do if you don't have space? Release a fish back into the wild that may now be carrying a disease and spread it too other wild fish or vice versa? Destroy the fish because you can't care for it any longer? Point being is I would stick with smaller fish; someone mentioned darters or stickleback etc which are in the perch family and are found in lots of water bodies and can be purchased online if you search enough and won't outgrow the tank you have available.

RITheory

A tad past slightly crazy...
Jun 30, 2010
Buffalo/Rochester, New York
We'll see. And the guy catching them has some big-*** aquariums as is; I'm certain that if I couldnt keep it, last resort would be to give it back to him anyway. We'll see anyway.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Instead of keeping the fish you're thinking about, you might try keeping the fish you'd use as bait to catch them.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store