Percula ClownFish Mouth Problem

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DanMegane

AC Members
Mar 5, 2012
West Midlands UK
Real Name
Danny
Any way to get a good pic? It sounds as though it has escalated into an infection. I don't really want to recommend anything without being able to see it.
I think I have the same problem too! The tank is 3 months old. I added a pair of clowns, 3 weeks ago, and noticed some fighting and their lips going white. The fighting stopped after a week but now thier lips are big and white! The larger clown seems to have some red spots aswell.

All the tests are good. I have 14kg of live rock with lots of life like, feather dusters, snail, copepods, mysis, possiable a flame scallopand brittle starfish.
I also have some Red Planaria (flatworms), Vermetid (tube snail), Digitate hydroid, which could be the problem? Might remove them to be on the safe side.

Could this be an infection, fighting or being stung?

Ive included a photo of the smaller, less infected (?) clown. View attachment fish with white lips.bmp

DanMegane

AC Members
Mar 5, 2012
West Midlands UK
Real Name
Danny
I think I have the same problem too! The tank is 3 months old. I added a pair of clowns, 3 weeks ago, and noticed some fighting and their lips going white. The fighting stopped after a week but now thier lips are big and white! The larger clown seems to have some red spots aswell.

All the tests are good. I have 14kg of live rock with lots of life like, feather dusters, snail, copepods, mysis, possiable a flame scallopand brittle starfish.
I also have some Red Planaria (flatworms), Vermetid (tube snail), Digitate hydroid, which could be the problem? Might remove them to be on the safe side.

Could this be an infection, fighting or being stung?

Ive included a photo of the smaller, less infected (?) clown. View attachment fish with white lips.bmp

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store