Perfect canister filters

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
I have 3 Sunsun (Perfect) Filters running (two for 6+ months, 1 for 2 months) and an Eheim 2217. All work just fine. I will continue with Perfect filters. Much cheaper and I don't see a noticeable difference in filtration between them and my eheim.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
I congratulate all canister filter owners who have great performing and silently running filters.

I was the lucky duck who purchased the Eheim 2217 filter (pronounced: "a-hime") at an auction for $10 - (NEW $139 - $159). At that price can you blame me for choosing an item from my former home?

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Nope, and I would have done the same thing.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
I believe the #2217 is the biggest among the older, green round Eheim filters. Don't know anything about the new rectangular models....and no, I don't dare add more tanks just to try out newer models...running out of steam and room.

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
i thought they made a 2260 or something. its about the size of a 5g bucket. its a monster.

But yeah, i have to make an effort to hear my SUNSUN.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
67 chevelle,
U R correct about the sizes. I did not know that, until I started searching for Eheim info. The big filters R definately an armful in weight when it is time for cleaning them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store