Petco $/G sale?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
For this price-point, doesn't Aqueon make all the tanks, regardless of what brand name sticker is put on them?

What about All-Glass (AGA), is that a company anymore? Can't find a link to a company online.
I believe AGA is Aqeuon.

And yeah, I think Tetra is either Aqueon or Marineland/Perfecto. Top Fin also.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Are Marineland tanks a make all their own? I thought they were re-badged Aqueons also.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
A member on monsterfishkeepers was told by a PETCO employee that it starts Sunday. I want a 40 but I need to save money for some bichirs :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
The silicone on these is uber sloppy... Especially on the outside corners :(. And isn't AGA American glass?

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Wow. No joke. The silicone is all over the place. I'm at one on 17 and happy valley.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Pretty sure Marineland is Perfecto.
Perfecto Manufacturing (I think that's what it's called) is another manufacturer I haven't heard of in years. They keep a pretty tight wrap on this stuff. Can't find a site for All-Glass, can't find Perfecto. My searches basically take you right back to big box pet stores.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Perfecto Manufacturing (I think that's what it's called) is another manufacturer I haven't heard of in years. They keep a pretty tight wrap on this stuff. Can't find a site for All-Glass, can't find Perfecto. My searches basically take you right back to big box pet stores.
http://www.unitedpetgroup.com/
Marineland, Perfecto (and Tetra apparently) are all part of the same company. They kept the Perfecto name rather then rebrand it, but Marineland and Perfecto are essentially interchangeable as far as tank branding goes.

I'm pretty sure Central Garden & Pet absorbed All-Glass and merged it into the Aqueon brand. Oceanic too, which is why Biocubes are now Coralife.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Good info Khemul. Thanks!

So as it looks, there's basically 2 manufacturers in the standard consumer aquarium realm.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Today thru 7/27

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store