Pete Rose?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Who's Pete Rose?

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • What?

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
IMO...he just got caught. You can't tell me no one else never did what he did. It's not the Hall of Saints..heaven knows there are some other bad boys in there...

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
IMO...he just got caught. You can't tell me no one else never did what he did. It's not the Hall of Saints..heaven knows there are some other bad boys in there...
exactly!!!!
there probably aren't three people in the hall pf fame who's moral or ethical conduct was assessed before iduction. I can see not letting him participate in the sport anymore, but he belongs in the hall.
Dave

josephish

AC Members
Nov 28, 2005
Wadsworth Ohio
awsome player (thats what he is being recognized for). the gambling was an ethical issue and is probably why the Major League is hesitant to elavate his to such an honor. They might want to withhold that honor but i personally think his basebal performance is worthy of hall of fame status.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
What exactly did he do? He made bets on games? Or did he make bets and make his team lose? What was it?

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Lila Boffins said:
What exactly did he do? He made bets on games? Or did he make bets and make his team lose? What was it?
A couple of years after he retired from baseball (he was a player and manager), he admitted to betting on baseball while he was a manager of the Reds... he bet on baseball in general (which is "illegal" in MLB) and even bet on the Reds - though never against them, so that's good...

I agree with nursie. He just got caught. He wasn't on steroids and he never bet against his own team... let him in!!

FreddytheFish

Nano-Reefer
Aug 29, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
The Hall of Fame is for the best palyers, not the best people. Let him in.

BTW, I live in Cinci and would get shot if I said otherwise. :joke:

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Let me get this straight; some rules are ok to break but not others? What message do we send kids when we make it okay to pick which laws we obey? Rose was in baseball too many years to not know the consequences of his actions, no matter how trivial they seem in hindsight. He knew the rules and broke them willingly. Sending kids the message that actions don't have consequences is what got us where we are right now. I know I'll hear about this so bring it on.

Mark

Nov 15, 2004
There is a reason he is the hit king...and it's not steriods. IMO, the best hitter and he always had the most hustle. Plenty of guys like Ty Cobb who are avidly known racists and Babe Ruth horrible alcoholic with rage problems. Joe Dimaggio, a known wife beaters.

Or how bout this year's ballot?:

2006: Albert Belle, Will Clark, Gary Gaetti, Orel Hershiser, Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden.

Between Hershiser, Belle, Gooden and Strawberry, there's enough drugs in them to create a new addiction. In fact, wasn't Dwight Gooden caught smoking crack WITH Darryl Strawberry?

Yes, Rose bet on his team, but always to win, he never took steriods and was 110% effort on the field. If those guys were able to get in (or some are eligible now) then Rose should be eligible too. They can't waffle with something like this. Rose just got shafted because right when the ban was about to be lifted, Giamatti died. Of course then, Selig did not have to keep Giamatti's word. Sux to be him, but he should have man'd up a long time ago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store