Picking plants for a 20 gallon tall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
I have been lookin at doin a 20g tall and the plants I have been thinking about were crypt florida sunset and a 'hammered' crypt(dunno which one still looking), moss(flame, christmas, and/or fissindens fontanus), Ludwigia repens or another Ludwigia, possibly a marimo ball (still on the fence about this one), maybe a val but not sure about the height, dwarf sag, and have been thinking about an erio species. I want to get one or two others for the background but havent made up my mind as far as color and texture goes. Most of these are decently cheap so maybe they might be on your list as well

L333B

AC Members
Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
So I found some granite rocks that I'm going to use in my 20 tall, I'd like to arrange them kinda like the pic below. The tank size again is 24" long, 16 tall, 12 wide. I have a dual 24 watt T5 HO coralife light, Co2 and flourite black for substrate. I was thinking thin leaved plants may make the tank look larger. I would still love some kind of ground cover.
Does any one have any idea what would look good?

Thanks

image.png

image.png

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
rocks like that would look good with some manzanita wood pointing upwards from the middle with java fern and moss on them, as for other plants, i would reccomend crypts and various hygrophylas as they are generally grow well for me and the hygros are nutrient hogs (help keep nitrates low so you have to do fewer water changes:naughty:) and also vallisneria as it also grows well. for the foreground maybe hairgrass? (I don't have any experience with foreground plants)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store