Pics of 1st stock of 150 CA tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
I finalaly have my 150 cycled. I thought it would NEVER get done. It finished two days ago and today was the first chance I had to start stocking it. I got 2 JD's and 2 Firemouths. I'll get the rest of the stocking tommorrow after work.

These are the pics I have so far.

These are the 2 JD's. LFS and I think these are male / female. Hard to tell at this time. Both are about 3 1/2 inches. He said that if we find out that they are the same I can exchange one. Can anyone tell if they are male / female?

This is one of the Firmouths.

Last edited:

run4cuvr

AC Members
Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
Great fish! Good luck with the new tank. I would say that the JD in the rare is a male, and the one in front a female. This assessment due to the blue speckling on the gill plate.

mosammy121

i am a fish!!smell me??
Nov 1, 2001
great shot:p

i'm guessing now,but i'd say left female/right male again just guessing-as run4 said the blue may be a clue.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Nice fish and pics came out great! :)

cichlid_guy

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
photos.yahoo.com
Nice Jacks! Very nice color for 3.5"!

As for the sex, I'm about 99% sure the Jack in the second shot
is a female. (I have a female Jack as well)
look at the fins, males have a bit more point to them.
They do have a differant look from each other, but that
might just be becouse they are from differant parients.
(hope they are if you are going to breed them.)

At any rate, FS said you could bring one back if not a pair? Thats great!

good luck!

What are you going to get for tankmates?

scottie

Last edited:

Sumpin'fishy

Humble Disciple of Jesus Christ
Oct 16, 2002
Savannah, GA
Great pics and hope all goes well with the pairing-up. Your blue JD looks very similar to mine, and mine is at least 5" (without tail). Both look healthy. I will say that your blue one looks like it has quite a bit less point than my JD has on his fins. I'd wait a while and watch what happens. Nice Firemouth, too btw! I had one of those, also. Kept getting lymphosistis one each of his "shoulders". Eventually died of unknown causes. I think he was just a "lemon":(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store