Pics of my 10gallon...no reason.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
To me, it looks like air is coming in with the water from the return, and is accumulating under stuff.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Go home authmal, your drunk. LOL

I cleared the plants of their bubbles, and they are back. The h.o.b. filter is no longer in use, I still need to remove it though.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Oh the main reason I posted this video was to ask about my bubble count. It is filled with water. From my understanding I have it set about 1 bps. And my drop checker and CO2 are new additions, hence the very blue indicator color. It's a greenish now. According to the color scale its @ 7-6.5 ph after running a few days.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Go home authmal, your drunk. LOL

I cleared the plants of their bubbles, and they are back. The h.o.b. filter is no longer in use, I still need to remove it though.

You say the HOB is no longer in use, but in the video, something is clearly moving the water downward, and in the last picture you posted. Also, the volume of the water moving is quite loud for something that isn't aerating the tank. I also never said anything about a HOB filter.

In light of the media provided, I stand by my guess that it's not pearling, just air gathering under the leaves due to aeration. If other media is provided that clearly indicates there is no waterfall effect, then I'll be more likely to concede that yes, it's pearling. Until then, the sounds on the video say it's wishful thinking.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Lmao authmal for the WIN! Got to go for the W Mr ducksworth! Quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth, hahahaha.

Ok, I concede....at the time of the video the hob was on. But the very last pic was one of the very first pics I had ever taken of this tank, I was trying to give a comparison from the full blown planted tank it is now to its humble beings.

Thanks authmal for being a good sport!

So is my bubble count acceptable? My drop checker doesn't think so....I need to buy or make my own test solution still.

parrottbay

AC Members
Oct 14, 2012
Jacksonville, NC
Real Name
James Parrott
First, I cant see the video due to being on a government computer but have you tried placing the drop checker in different areas of your tank to see if they are different readings in different areas? If not, I would start there. It could be your flow that is preventing that area from getting the proper amount of CO2. See what happens and let us now. Remember it takes a couple hours for the drop checker fluid to change, so any changes you make in CO2 rate or flow, give a few hours to see and changes before making another change etc...

parrottbay

AC Members
Oct 14, 2012
Jacksonville, NC
Real Name
James Parrott
Also, just read/ noticed your comment saying the indicator is green now. You could still check different areas of your tank if you want and if 1 BBS is giving you a green color, then so be it. The plants I see really dont need CO2 or ferts, but I could be wrong on that part. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store