pics of my glofish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

...Redness...

AC Members
May 31, 2008
:jaw: For $1.00 I don't doubt it. At my store they sell for $6.99 and I've seen them anywhere from $4.99-$10.99 by me.
It's true! Ask Cohazard, he was there with me!

...Redness...

AC Members
May 31, 2008
Whats the addy? I might make a drive for actual glofish.
Cohazard might know the actual address, but I know how to get there.

10 West Fwy
Exit Walnut Grove Ave
Turn Right
Left Garvey
It's on the right side and I believe it's 2 stop lights after you turn on Garvey.

It's called New Happy Aquarium and they usually get their new shipments on Monday.

Last edited:

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
I've never seen dyed danios. They're normally the ones with genetics spliced on. Any pics?
True, but I could tell these were dyed because glow fish have a solid bright pink color, but on these, they were the normal dark gray danio color, but had a pink 'tint' to them.

There were some that you could see the pink fading on them already too, typical of dyed fish, whereas genetically modified danios don't lose their color.

That store had a lot of dyed fish too, like parrots, gourami, glassfish, etc... so I'm sure their supplier made a quick buck with a knock-off glofish haha

...Redness...

AC Members
May 31, 2008
True, but I could tell these were dyed because glow fish have a solid bright pink color, but on these, they were the normal dark gray danio color, but had a pink 'tint' to them.

There were some that you could see the pink fading on them already too, typical of dyed fish, whereas genetically modified danios don't lose their color.

That store had a lot of dyed fish too, like parrots, gourami, glassfish, etc... so I'm sure their supplier made a quick buck with a knock-off glofish haha
Oopsies, my bad!:wall:

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
it stands to reason you could have successful combinations ..since the glofish are genetically modified Zebra danois(zebrafish) they could interbreed with std danios and you could get combinations of glo density. ;)

interesting look to them .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store