pink tailed chalceaus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cacti

AC Members
May 31, 2001
Ripon, California, USA
I would be interested in what kind of fish people have in with the pink tailed chalceus? How they get along and any other information about this little know fish. Thanks:D :)

vfrex

AC Members
Feb 26, 2002
New Jersey
I have no idea what a Distichodus is...but it should have no trouble with tinfoils. I don't know how well it would do with an oscar though. That would depend on tank size and the size of both fish. Can you fill us in on those tidbits?

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
You should have asked these in one question instead of several. I dont know what these fish are. I do know that Tinfoils have no problems with ANY FISH. They arent aggressive and ignore all fish. Now, whethor or not, THE OSCAR will attack them, I dont know? The worst of all your fish you mentioned is fin nip. IM not sure if the oscar would work. They are aggressive.....compared with the fish in your tank...

I wouldnt add an oscar.
1.) aggressive to the other fish
2.) can we spell COMMON???

cacti

AC Members
May 31, 2001
Ripon, California, USA
pink tailed chalceus + rosy barbs

I am unsure if I can keep these in a big aquarium with big fish? In with a big oscar and an asian upside down catfish. I am afraid this catfish would eat these types of fish even if they were close to mature size of 5 in. or so.

vfrex

AC Members
Feb 26, 2002
New Jersey
They max out at 10". if the oscar is big and the ptc is small, it will probably be a meal. Its a slim bodied fish. Not sure on the growth rate either.

cacti

AC Members
May 31, 2001
Ripon, California, USA
chalceus

I didn't realize the chalceus would get to as much as 10in. If I bought him first and let him grow maybe he could do ok with the big fish. Some combinations are impossible to predict and the only way to get an answer is to try some of them. ;)

H8Parrotfish 13

I kill Parrotfish for your own good
Be sure to add alot of floating plants. I bought three cause I was told they like to be in groups to overcome their shyness. Mine used to love floating plants. These are the fish I used to have in my old tank with the Chalceuses...

Broke 300 gal
4 Keyhole Cichlid
2 Uaru
3 Geophagus Jurupari
2 Black Arrowana

they all lived peacfully except they would fight for pellets and sticks with the Arrowanas.

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Originally posted by JamisonBWolsh
You should have asked these in one question instead of several. I dont know what these fish are. I do know that Tinfoils have no problems with ANY FISH. They arent aggressive and ignore all fish. Now, whethor or not, THE OSCAR will attack them, I dont know? The worst of all your fish you mentioned is fin nip. IM not sure if the oscar would work. They are aggressive.....compared with the fish in your tank...

I wouldnt add an oscar.
1.) aggressive to the other fish
2.) can we spell COMMON???

Oscars aggressive-to small fishes
What's wrong with being common,at least they are beautiful and are not hybrids,aren't tinfoils common too,at least not the albinos,Upside Down Asian Catfish should have a southeast biotope,with tinfoils and other large barbs like the T-barbs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store