Pit Bull hater?? Watch this!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Riso-chan

The Blue Girl
Jan 17, 2005
Florida, USA
From Riso-chan

I've also met a few pit bulls that were big babies. I think the only thing those I met were guilty was being ble to overpower you with muscle while trying to jump up to lick you. Really, it is unfair to judge an entire breed by the viciousness that humans taught those who attacked. It really is the issue of breeding the right temperment and socializing them well. Even when this is done, they may still be aggressive toward other dogs, but less inclined to hurt humans. I myself love many types of dogs, but my favorite is the doberman. I just hope that when I'm ready to get my own there won't be any breed specific laws that tell me I can't. I think many guard breeds get bad reps is because of irresponsible breeders and owners. If there's one thing we humans can't ever get right, it would have to be that we never take responsibilty for what we create. People cannot face the fact that the problem does not exist with the animal, but with them. If we as a society cannot stop blaming the other party for the problem we created in the first place, then things will never change. Let a dog have his day.

labont865

This is drako, a friend of a friend
Nov 26, 2004
jenny cookie said:
that made me cry. my hubby couldnt even watch it :(

The thing that makes me mad is that I have had over 200 Pit Bulls come through my home. I used to breed them for a short time and my cousin who rented the basement of my old home is a breeder. And only 2 of those 200 dogs have ever bit a human. One bit a man when he opened the gate on my friends yard and went towards their 6 year old daughter. The dog broke through their screen door and bit the man once then stood between him and the girl so the man took off. The second was when a mans dog attacked her in a dog park and when he tried to pull his dog away he got bit. And the real sad thing is that both these dogs were put to sleep for their actions. If this happend with a Golden Retriever they wouldnt have been put to sleep, the courts would have said oh the one was an accident and the other was the dog protecting its owner. But as soon as they find out its a pit bull its oh no that dog is a vicious kiiling machine we better put it to sleep. I get so angry when I hear people talk about hwo they should be banned and how they are dangerous animals. They arent dangerous. They can be made dangerous but so can any animal. I read a story yesterday about a child who was killed by her pet pommeranian. This dog wieghed 6 pounds. The child was 10 months old and its uncle ran to the bathroom to get a diaper and left the child lying on the bed. When he returned the dog was mauling the child which later died of its injuries. And Jack Russel Terriers bite more people than any other breed of dog and they arent banned. I just get angry at all the hypocrites out there.

StreetCypher

AC Members
Apr 18, 2004
vancity, BC
Visit site
And only 2 of those 200 dogs have ever bit a human.
i gotta add that most of the time when a dog bites a human its because the human didn't know how to act when around a dog.
Any person (who has dogs) knows that when petting a unfamiliar dog you don't go straight for the top of its head. You have to lower your body position, and invite the dog to sniff you at its own will, with your own palms up and lower than its head.

When i walk my dogs, sometimes people just come up and try to pet my dogs head like that. Thats when my dogs get startled and back off, a little defensively, but they've never bit anyone.

I live in BC, and if they do ban them here, then that's ridiculous
They're pretty close to banned in Coquitlam. Costs $500/year/dog licensing fee. Forced a friend of mine who owns two to move out of the city

Maj0rFiSh

L33t 5p34k m0f0!!11one
Jan 14, 2005
South Coast of UK
Some of the dogs that had been fighting in their were only puppies aswell, you know if i knew an owner of a dog that did that kinda stuff id pb hunt him down :mad2
Tut i want a pitbull now so i can look after it lol.

labont865

This is drako, a friend of a friend
Nov 26, 2004
I would never recommend a Pit Bull to a new dog owner. They are way too much work and need extreme amounts of attention. They are extremely demanding but extremely rewarding dogs to own. Part of the reason people have trouble with them is that they expect to get just your run of the mill dog, not realizing that Pittys need 10 times the attention as a regular dog, they need to be exercised EVERY day, and need constant attention. They are generelly just too much work for the average dog owner. This is where the problems begin, when you have a semi neglected dog with as much energy and determination as a Pitty.

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Riso-chan said:
Really, it is unfair to judge an entire breed by the viciousness that humans taught those who attacked. It really is the issue of breeding the right temperment and socializing them well. Even when this is done, they may still be aggressive toward other dogs, but less inclined to hurt humans.
That is so well stated Riso-chan!!

We have a neighbor that has a Rottweiller. SHe is the sweetest dog you would ever want. He socalized her from puppyhood walking her around to all the kids busstops in the am, and stopping to visit all the nieghbors. She will rush up to you and roll on her back for you to scratch her tummy.
The same guy's son brought home his pit bull, and he did the same thing. It is a nice dog, well behaved, but people that were afraid of it asked if it was a pit bull. I made a fuss over it & petted him, and told him to tell them he was an American Staffordshire Terrier, that most won't make the connection.

gonefishin

corn-eyed finless brown trout?
Sep 17, 2004
Lake Tahoe
I didn't have to watch the video to get pissed off. Remember the taco bell chiwawa craze? I got bit by 2 different "cute" little dogs. No one has bothered to ban those little b*st*****!!! My friend has a pit thats over 200 lbs. (yea a little overweight) and scary looking as heck. I saw him this week and the first thing he did was jump in my lap and lick my face for about 5 minutes. BTW he has bitten a human ONCE. My friends girl was attacked by a guy in thier front yard, Lumper waited for his mom's request for help before intervening. I have been in situations with said friend, where we were playing arround and Lumper looked at me like I was lunch. I had no fear whatsoever because I knew he would follow any order dad gave. And when Rob told Lumper to "play" I then became fearfull....of drowning in kissy slobber. I had a freind get attacked by a poodle, anyone up for an anti-poodle campaign?

NFR-22467-A

AC Members
Feb 27, 2005
Laurel, DE
i have worked in the vet industry for years, and for a while, i was at a place that worked closely with a local animal shelter on the chicago/evanston border, where every other pit bull that came in from the streets was torn up and starved, and no doubt used to be fighters. i have seen dozens, if not hundreds, of pitbulls come in for treatments and placement into permenant homes, and pitbulls are among the nicest and happiest dog breeds there are. i have seen vicious shepards, poodles, chows, chihuahuas, sharpeis, labs, goldens all try to take my arms off, but i cant ever remember having a pitbull whose butt wasnt wagging so hard it looked like it was about to fall off. anyone who believes that pitbulls are a vicious breed are grossly misinformed and inexperienced with any type of dog. sure, pitbulls, along with many other types of dogs are involved in attacks on people and other animals, but they are definately not a breed that is so vicious that it needs to be banned from cities and communities. its pure ignorance.

and im definately not accusing anybody of lying or overexagerating, but, um, a pitbull, over 200 pounds? a pitbull isnt a big enough breed of dog to carry 200 pounds, and if it is 200 pounds, theres no way it would be able to jump at all.... the average pitbull is between 40-70 pounds, and thats pushing it....

Last edited:

gonefishin

corn-eyed finless brown trout?
Sep 17, 2004
Lake Tahoe
I'll try to get a pic. We are not 100% sure it is full bred since it came from the pound, but it LOOKS like a full pit, just tall as all get out and almost as wide as he is long. Mabey what I exagerated was his ability to "jump";)..... He has had more than one breeder tell him his dog was a mix, or a freak of nature kinda thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store