Plant Fungus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FasterShrimpo

AC Members
Jul 13, 2009
Got a problem with plant fungus. Isn't hydrogen peroxide a good solution and if so, how much?

schaadrak

Lo-Tech Advocate
Sep 3, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Fungal infections in aquatic plants are very rare (I've never seen or heard of any) and aquatic fungi generally only consume dead and decaying material. What leads you to believe you have a plant fungus?

FasterShrimpo

AC Members
Jul 13, 2009
Fungal infections in aquatic plants are very rare (I've never seen or heard of any) and aquatic fungi generally only consume dead and decaying material. What leads you to believe you have a plant fungus?
Well my banana plant I got started to rot after about a couple weeks. Started to melt and get brown and dark. Then white stuff, fuzzy, kinda slimy to the touch started to appear on the plant. Now other plants are developing what I think is fungus on themselves(mostly the java moss).

schaadrak

Lo-Tech Advocate
Sep 3, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
White, fuzzy, slimy stuff is definitely fungus, but it was probably not what killed it, just eating the dead parts. Banana plants are weird to me. I've had some do great and others completely melt for no reason. And all were in the same tank.

What does the fungus on your other plants look like? Certain types of algae will grow on plants.

FasterShrimpo

AC Members
Jul 13, 2009
White, fuzzy, slimy stuff is definitely fungus, but it was probably not what killed it, just eating the dead parts. Banana plants are weird to me. I've had some do great and others completely melt for no reason. And all were in the same tank.

What does the fungus on your other plants look like? Certain types of algae will grow on plants.

Yea I've had some troubles with banana plants too. I'm positive that the moss has the fungus, I've touched one with a bit and it feels slimy and looks fuzzy and is white like the banana plant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store