plant gro c02 system

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
It works, better for small tanks

This is an easy way to get started with adding CO2 for the smaller planted tank. Fool proof, no leaks if you give the top the extra 1/4 turn it requires. Neat and tidy, if appearances count (like at the office). Everything you need is included. Generally makes adaquate CO2 for 3 weeks, I never got 30 days personally. It may depend on your water and on whether you let it decline to absolutely zero output, I switched earler to try to maintain a more level CO2 reading. You can switch to DIY mixes when the packets run out, and those 3 packets will be enough to let you see how the plants react to added CO2.

Great for 10 gallon tanks, and smaller. Good for 20 gallon tanks if the lighting is not too much. At 30 gallons you must find some other way to add CO2.

Many will point out that you can make your own set for less cash following DIY instructions. That is true if you have most of the stuff you need laying around, but if you have to buy tubing and sealants and such, the Plant Grow system is cheaper. The diffuser is worth most of that price, it is pretty cool.

I have several, all on 10 gallon tanks. I also have DIY on a 29 gallon and pressurized CO2 on a 59 gallon.

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
I agree completelely w/anonapersona. Her remarks are clear and very good. Even the bit with the diffuser - after seeing one a club member's home, I had to have one. I pretend it is because I do some introductory lectures, so can use this as part of 'show and tell'. But in reality, it is because I love the ladder/raceway...a simple and elegant solution to retaining the CO2 as it dissolves. :p

anonapersona

Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Originally posted by RTR
... But in reality, it is because I love the ladder/raceway...a simple and elegant solution to retaining the CO2 as it dissolves. :p
60 inches of travel packed into that little ladder!

djlen

Fish?.......What Fish?
Aug 19, 2002
Somerdale, New Jersey USA
I just pulled mine out of my 5gal. tank because it kept getting loaded up with junk and the bubbles wouldn't run smoothly. Half the time one would stop half way up and the others would build up either behind or with it. It got really annoying. I just couldn't keep it clean enough for it to work right.

Len

mpx

AC Members
Dec 31, 2002
Orange, CA
Visit site
Thankx. I have just upgraded to a 46 gal bow front.

What if I use multiple systems? Like say two or three of these?
Or use one BIG container?

Is there a place I can buy a cheap diffuser if I go to DIY route?

I once used a 2 liter bottle for the DIY method for my 20 gal & the plants grew beautifully.

anonapersona

Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
DIY

DIY with 2 -- 2 liter bottles might work, depending on your water.

I have a Plantguild power reactor, it is inside the tank, and a similar one I made like that from spare parts. Works well, but is is visible.

750t

AC Members
May 24, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
I have one on my 20. I like the ramp , the bottle was too small for my needs. After many different set ups, I now use a 1 gal container. Works great last pretty good also. As far as cleaning I soak mine in bleach twice a month.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store