plant id

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
Found this plant at my local pond about 2 weeks ago and decided to take some sprigs for my native tank. I think its Ludwigia Repens but not certain. unknown plant.jpgHope the pic is clear i took it with my phone

unknown plant.jpg

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
I think its L. repens but a guy on the planted tank forum said L. palustris. I got another T5HO from a friend that said he gave up on tryin to fix it and said if I can fix it I can have it. So hopefully its just the tombstones and not the ballast that needs replacing since I just got some today. Ill get that workin hopefully and with 4W per gallon rollin maybe Ill see red leaves or the leaves will slim down. As of right now, I have 2W per gal for what thats worth and just started using flourish. The stem was red when I took some sprigs of it when I went collecting and as of right now the vein on the leaves is red. I wish I had taken a pic of it in the wild. Since I collected it the pond water level that I collected it has dropped considerably and the collection site has dwindled to almost nothing

constevens

AC Members
Sep 7, 2011
Colorado
Real Name
Conway
I think its L. repens but a guy on the planted tank forum said L. palustris. I got another T5HO from a friend that said he gave up on tryin to fix it and said if I can fix it I can have it. So hopefully its just the tombstones and not the ballast that needs replacing since I just got some today. Ill get that workin hopefully and with 4W per gallon rollin maybe Ill see red leaves or the leaves will slim down. As of right now, I have 2W per gal for what thats worth and just started using flourish. The stem was red when I took some sprigs of it when I went collecting and as of right now the vein on the leaves is red. I wish I had taken a pic of it in the wild. Since I collected it the pond water level that I collected it has dropped considerably and the collection site has dwindled to almost nothing
With as much light as your looking to use Algae will more then likely become an issue. But its hard to say as Watts per gallon is not a accurate way to measure light in a tank. PAR is the correct measurement. BUT, without knowing how far your substrate is to the bottom of your lights Id still say Algae is going to become an issue. With alot of light you will need Pressurized Co2 and a good full fert dosing program of Macro and Micro. Such as EI dosing. Not telling you how to do things.. Just pointing out a potential issue.

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
Yea Ive been thinking about CO2 and ferts. Just right now there isnt much in the tank so Im gonna give it a little more time to grow b4 I start goin down this road. Im lazy when it comes to algae my snail pop takes pretty good care of the tank but I have a feeling all those eggs that are riddled in the corners of my tank are about to hatch and Ill have to deal with that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store