Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

plants for my aquarium

Discussion in 'Planted Aquariums' started by jk091293, Jul 29, 2017.

1. jk091293

jk091293 Registered Member

Jul 29, 2017
    hello i am new to planted tanks i have saltwater reef tanks and i would love to accompany my fish room with a planted tank it would look cool....... i already have a 55 gallon running and cycled with fish in it... my question is this any good cheap plants i can but at home depot that would look like grass like ... and maybe some good plants that would look cool. and would maybe some ... and i like the color 4100k ligths give my tank qould does sustain the plants .. thanks

2. FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Joel
    Friday at 11:11 AM
    Joel
    Welcome! Perhaps Home Depot sells aquatic plants in some areas. Pretty sure mine do not. They do however sell plants that can have their roots be terrestrial or aquatic, where the plant stays out of the water. Pothos or spider plant to name a few. I've got pothos growing out of two of my tanks.

3. jk091293

jk091293 Registered Member

Jul 29, 2017
    maybe some bottom grass they sell at petsmart that will work and some plants that i can just mount on my wood and grow there ???

4. fishorama

fishorama AC Members

Jun 30, 2018
    I've been to several HD, they don't sell aquatic plants. You want easy plants like java ferns & anubias, none of the "grassy " plants are likely to grow well for you.

5. dougall

dougall ...

Today at 7:21 AM
    Some HDs will sell water lilies and marginal plants for use in a pond.

But I haven't seen anything that would be useful in a regular aquarium.

As for what would work, knowing what tank you have and lighting information other than the 'temperature' would be useful. I'd stick my neck out and say you'll be at very low light, so will be limited in choice to something 'low tech', a carpet might not be too easy, but I'd go with something like crypts, maybe some sort of moss if you don't mind trying to keep it contained.

Other epiphitic plants might be an idea too.

6. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    Today at 2:30 AM
    Jessica
    I did not know HD sold "aquarium plants". Maybe pond plants, but not true aquarium plants.

7. Wizardy

Wizardy Registered Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Hi , May be I know the best aquarium for you tank is the Roleadro LED aquarium , and it is not expensive and does have high quality.
    So far they are working out very well I bought two years before. and Although my fishes died ,but it can help them live long.
    I wanna give my tank photo , but i am new user , I don't have the entitlement. I am sorry.
    BTW , can u tell me where you live , cos I am from Germany and I got them fro Germany Amazon. I don't know the American Amazon have this guy.

Toplanet likes this.