Plants for turtle aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eadams

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Eric Adams
Hello all, I'm new to the site.
I have a 55g "river style" setup with some young southern painted turtles on the way. I know they will prob eat/destroy any plants I introduce to the environment. I've read a lot about duckweed, red root floater and water lettuce being good food sources for them. I will try one or more of these floaters, any preferences? I will also try some other hardy potted plants to the tank. This is an experiment for me, but hopefully fun and a learning experience. What plants should I try? ......tank is half full of water, has reptosun lighting, actual river pebble bottom.....Thanks for any help! I will share my results for you turtle lovers out there!

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
i would try duckweed, it is the most common/easy to grow.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I sent you a visitor message, since you have under 5 posts you can't accept private messages yet...I literally have tons of hornwort if you want it!

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
My Red eared slider likes the taste of both water wisteria and anacharis. They are easy to grow and quite tough.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store