PLEASE HELP! Can Columnaris Persist After Two Treatmente?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nellafantasia

AC Members
Apr 6, 2019
I'd say follow the medications recommended treatment plan if using meds. There isn't any reason to dose for an extended period of time and may cause unwanted effects, besides expense.

You could have been promoting cross contamination.

Personally, the cost of the meds for fighting columnaris for me.
I was using the same bucket to add clean water that I used to carry the dirty water. i figured since it was not a closed sterile system it was not an issue. But I now have a new clean bucket I use for adding clean water. Do you think I was contaminating my tank with the other bucket? I wonder if that is why it never went away. When columnaris is successfully treated does the normal coloration return?

I have started a new med course again last night only this time with a new bucket.

Thank you for your comments.

nellafantasia

AC Members
Apr 6, 2019
I was using the same bucket to add clean water that I used to carry the dirty water. i figured since it was not a closed sterile system it was not an issue. But I now have a new clean bucket I use for adding clean water. Do you think I was contaminating my tank with the other bucket? I wonder if that is why it never went away. When columnaris is successfully treated does the normal coloration return?

I have started a new med course again last night only this time with a new bucket.

Thank you for your comments.

nellafantasia

AC Members
Apr 6, 2019
6 days is way to short... you need to treat at the very least 10 days, or you'll just be culturing resistent columnaris bacteria.
Are you suggesting 10 days back to back without any removal by charcoal until the 10 days is past? I detailed the course of administration in my first post above.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store