Please Help Its An Emergency!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

meaghan9930

AC Members
Oct 27, 2005
5 Gallons is still to small, but I suppose it is better thatn a bowl. At least get a 10 gallon if possible.

Persimmon

Bubbles Bubbles
Jan 17, 2006
NO CA
veronica said:
10-20 gallons is too much for me may be 5 or a little bit more will be enough. ı'm only putting a few marbles a small seashell a few drop of methylene and for two weeks a few drop of fungu-stop liquid thats all. I got the fish 2 months ago.
The problem with this, you are not living in the water, YOUR FISH IS. So, if you want what is best for the fish, the fish needs more water. Or, if you cannot care for the fish, you should find it another home.

I am not trying to be mean. I am letting you know that if the fish stays in an atmosphere that does not take care of it's needs, it will constantly suffer from the water quality.

Last edited:

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
the black spots is normal, alot of fish changes color, and goldfishes even change from a mix of orange white grey black.

goldygrrl

AC Members
Jan 22, 2006
The black spots might be just a normal color change, but as many of the others have said, are probably a sign of poor water quality. With a goldfish bowl, it's pretty much a given that your ammonia levels are off the charts, but you need to also monitor this once you get your bigger tank. You can get a test kit for ammonia and other substances for fairly cheap at your local aquarium store. Its too bad you're all the way in Turkey (quite a ways from the state of Alabama in the US where I'm from), because I was going to offer to adopt your fishy....he is so cute!! Especially the first photo viewing him from the front. Please get him a bigger tank...he's so adorable and deserves the best, and he can bring you years of joy if you take care of him properly :)

veronica

AC Members
Jan 17, 2006
thaks for all help. :) you're really too far away in fact I would be happy to let you adopt Puti(it's name) for him to live in better conditions. by the way I'm a good photographer ha? It wasn't easy to catch that front view as he moves non-stop. ;) :girl:
And that spots now came together there's a combined whole larger blackness on his mouth and head. sometimes they look like dissapearing comes to a lighter color, sometimes they get darker again. But ther's nothing abnormal on his behaviours. he eats, plays in the water normally. I think it's just a skin problem, burns because of the bad water quality. do you think it feels pain because of that(it doesn't look like so but...)

Beeker

Aquariaholic
Oct 8, 2004
Veronica, one goldfish requires at least 20 gallons of water. If properly taken care of and if it is healthy, it can grow to be 22 inches long and live to be 30 years old. This is the truth. That terrible lie about the fish only growing to fit its tank is the worst lie ever.
If you are unwilling to get a 20 gallon tank, you should find a better home for your fish. You are slowly killing him by not taking proper care of him. This little guy is relying on you to take good care of him since he cannot fend for himself. Please reread the post by Leapordess. It is very important to know what you are getting into before you decide to take on the responsibility of caring for a living creature.

UpstateNYer

AC Members
Apr 10, 2008
Antwerp, NY 13608
Real Name
Ric Letson
Veronica,

Although I agree with the previous people that 10-20 gallons / goldfish is needed I think it's a great idea for you to get the 5 gallon tank now if that's all you can afford and have room for.

My suggestion would be to get the 5 gallon tank with a filter, a test kit and if you have municipal water that is chlorinated some water conditioner (chlorine remover) because chlorine will kill the fish.

Once you have the new tank filled with water, water conditioner added and have read the instructions for your test kit and done some water tests I would come back and let everyone know.

After you've got Puti moved over to the new tank you can start looking for a new home for him where he will do better. I know it will be hard to give him up, but do it for him, I have no doubt you can find someone that will take him if you look hard enough. Then after he's gone you can get a couple smaller fish that are suitable for a 5 gallon tank.

This way you get to keep fish, Puti gets a new home and you will have learned a great lesson about how to properly care for your new fish friends. By providing everyone with the test results of what your water is like it will let everyone post suggestions of which small fish would do good in your water.

Rick

terror spawnin

AC Members
Jun 2, 2007
Look up killi fish! After you see these little gems, you will be tempted to get rid of your feeder fish.

"Gold fish and koi are for ponds"

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
My bad, I unintentionally resurrected an old thread. :lipssealedsmilie:

Rick
No worries, Rick. You made quite an effort in sharing your opinions and experiences. It is not only those who created this topic who can benefit from our advice, but those who actually read them for their researches. At this point though, I'll close it. As you pointed out, it's an old topic created two years ago.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store