Pls Help, my platy's dying!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sdb

AC Members
May 4, 2004
British Columbia, Canada
Visit site
I found him on the bottom of my 20gal, lying there. Moved into QT tank asap, salt dose given. He's either fluttering around trying to swim, or lying on the bottom, sometimes with tail curved. He's fighting like crazy to swim, but losing the battle fast. I don't want to randomly medicate. I've got maracyn 2, Jungle parasite, Jungle fungus, melafix, and salt. Salt was added at 1tbsp-5gal.
Tank params are ammonia 0, trite0, trate 10-20, temp 78, PH 7. No changes in tank, same tankmates since march, nothing new. Slightly ragged fins, probably due to being picked on before I moved him.
Clamped fins when lying on bottom, then fights like hell to swim for a few minutes. Tries to get to the top, but like I said, he's losing the battle.
Please, if there's anything I can do for him, please let me know.

sdb

AC Members
May 4, 2004
British Columbia, Canada
Visit site
I just got home from work and he's still alive, but swimming around crazy like. Very fast, erratic movements when he's not lying on the bottom. Tail and fins go a mile a minute, fluttering like crazy. Something is so wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do for him. Water params are still stable, ammnia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20, PH 7, temp 78.

FISHLORD_8

AC Members
Nov 22, 2004
hmm all the conditions sound fine for a platy.Myplaty did the same when it died... :( :sad

sdb

AC Members
May 4, 2004
British Columbia, Canada
Visit site
If it was old age and he was resting peacefully, I could probably accept it better. But he's so distressed fluttering frantically around or lying curled up on the bottom, fins going like crazy, or still and clamped. It's heartbreaking to see.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store