possible Oscar hole in the head

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
So a few weeks ago I hurt myself on accident and the doctor said I had to stop lifting heavy things until I had fully healed. Well, 4 weeks later, I have finally healed. But during those 4 weeks, I couldn't do any water changes on my Oscar tank. He was in a 55 with a big rainbow loach and a few kuhlis (he doesnt bother them). The side of his head developed a white patch and I'm worried it may be hole in the head. What can I do to fix it if it is? Btw, he managed to scrape his scales yesterday when I was moving him so now there are white patches on him where a few scales are hanging off or gone. Anything I can do to help him with this?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I don't believe hole in the head would develop from just 4 wks of no water changes. Pics?

Tank parameters from a liquid test kit?

Water changes can never hurt with any illness.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yeah, sound like a wound from the oscar plowing into something. Should get a read on your water params. 55s aren't great for a single oscar all by themselves.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Ok, I'll try and get the pics and the parameters by tonight. I don't think the parameters in the 75 he is in now will be bad. The pics may pose a problem, I am not good with technology of most kinds.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I agree, its not likely HITH/HLLE. Pics would definitely help, if you just click the camera button on the desktop version you can select an image file to upload. Pretty simple, same with the mobile version and the app is even easier (though it has it's own set of other problems still).

Additionally, curious about what the parameters are . . .

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Hey yall, sorry about the wait. School had me running around like a dog and I just went brain dead once school ended and I forgot everything for the past month or so. Anyway, the white stuff went away. I presume it was just from him bumping into things and scratching himself up like someone said. Do yall still want pics?
And by the way, he was not in my 55 when I posted this. If you read back, I said "was". He was in the 55 shortly before I posted this thread. At the time of posting of this thread, he was at my 75 which he still is in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store