Possible Stray Cat.....What to do?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Sigh.

Well, before we realized how super duper great he was, we had told chris' parents that he was available for them if they wanted to get a cat (as I said before). They had leaned towards no (because his mother is *supposedly* allergic...but has had cats before) and I thought we'd have him for sure. BUT they called last night and said they'd like to "try him out" for a few weeks....they're afraid that he has behavoural issues but I can see rather clearly that he doesn't (at least not yet). So, today we are driving him up to their house and he will be staying with them for a bit. If they say he doesn't work out (which I know won't happen. He's too good. Unless its her allergies at play) then we WILL have him. Its already decided upon.

We were both all teary eyed this morning. He slept in with us and he curled up like a baby in chris' arms for half the night. Then, I woke up at one point and he was in between on a pillow - snoring:) He seems happy to be around:)

I suppose its okay if chris' parents do keep him. They are great people and would take excellent care of him...plus, we're up there every week or so:D

We had named him Bynx..after the cat in Hocus Pocus...and coincidentally, that movie came on while he was sleeping in my lap last night! They've decided to name him Salem....which is still a cool name though.

Fishsmurf - Yes, he does! You are exactly right!:)

Last edited:

cgrabe

AC Members
Jun 1, 2004
Virginia, USA
Visit site
Have they seen him yet? Maybe you could take a trip to the pound and ask for the most misbehaven cat they have. Or.....think you could find a black chihuahua? Black dye maybe?

/really needs to get back to work

Fishsmurf

I'm not as cute as this....
Nov 27, 2002
Bahrain
Visit site
cgrabe said:
Have they seen him yet? Maybe you could take a trip to the pound and ask for the most misbehaven cat they have. Or.....think you could find a black chihuahua? Black dye maybe?
:idea2:
That or I was thinking of dosing him up with cat-nip so he runs round like a loon whilst you are first there, then they decide that maybe he is too energetic for them :rolleyes: and by the time you get him home he will be back to the placid lethargic cat you know (and I suspect love (already)).
Anyway either way I'm glad he has found a home where he will be get the care he needs.... :D

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
:idea2: :soda: LOL. I hadn't thought about it, but I'm sure I could wrestle up a small skunk and some spray paint....:p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store