possible tank...decent deal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Good price and it might be a nice tank. Very basic stand and equipment. So nothing special. You still need to see photos or look at it first. Take measurements to find out if it's really 30 gallons. Most people on CL don't actually know how many gallons their tanks are. Rehoming the fish won't be easy and it leaves you little to no stocking options if you keep them.

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
Kashta- Agreed. The 30 with wrought iron stand is pretty basic stuff. (though the price is right) The 33 hex with wooden stand has better "aesthetics".
Andy

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I bet they take $75 if offered. While not a common size, the flat back hex usually draws attention as does a bow front in a living space for display.

ghinksmon

AC Members
Aug 30, 2005
Northern NJ
I have one like that hex, currently not set-up. I got it from the trash, tank only. On mine I filled the odd ends of the top with 1/4" plexiglass and the hood from a 15gal fit the center rectangle very well. Lighting was very low but it worked with some java fern. I had turned it backwards so it set in a corner of the room, using the large flat back, as the front. This allowed it to set into the corner better than an similar sized rectangular tank. It is relatively tall and narrow so I recommend small schooling fish.

andyjh

AC Members
Feb 18, 2009
Massachusetts
I ended up buying the 33 gal hex and wooden stand for $25.00 I pointed out some loose looking silicone to the seller and told her I'd have to make it a project tank and could only offer her $25.00. Andy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store