Post Pictures of your Plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

travis simonson

Registered Member
Sep 25, 2007
CoralK:
Could that be a water onion? It's more of a pond plant, if it is...
I can't be sure from the photo, but I think mphunk is correct; it is likely Crinum thaianum, or water onion. Does it have a small onion-like bulb at its base? That is one sure way to tell. If not, it is most likely some variety of Sagittaria or Vallisneria, which can be easily differentiated from Crinum spp. because they will put out runners sooner or later.

OK, I'll quit rambling :)

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA

wakemenow

DSM Fish Gal
Jul 17, 2007
Midwest
dsmfishgal.typepad.com
All of your photos are gorgeous!

Here are a couple of mine:

Java fern and java moss, sitting beside a banana plant.

A mature banana plant (nymphoides aquatica) entangled with my mystery plant. There are small crypt wendtii plants and swords that are coming up. That little sprig of hornwort is even sending down roots. :)

I'm just thrilled to have the algae issue resolved!

~A

Penfan66

Posticus Rareus
Sep 22, 2005
Sylvania, Ohio
Here are my plants!

Anubias, Moneywort, Bacopa, Ludwigia Repens, Java Fern, Some kind of crypt, and a plant I only know as Argentine sword. I know...It's supposed to rot away, but I've split it about 3 times and it grows like a weed!

070.JPG 078.JPG 072.JPG 067.JPG 077.JPG 066.JPG 001.JPG 012.JPG 007.JPG 010.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 002.JPG

clogstonian

AC Members
Apr 3, 2007
Seattle
OK, this is alittle embarrassing but I don't know the latin names of these two plants that I have, can anyone help?

The ruffle leaf plant is something like Downia but that Googles poorly.

The other is something Star??

I'm being rather lazy here but that's part of the beauty of the AC.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Clog

DSCN6739.JPG DSCN6545-1.JPG DSCN6647.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store