Problems with Red Parrot

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alicia83102

Registered Member
Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
Hi ,
I just got a red parrot last sunday, when i bought it, it had some brownish black little spots on it. I thought it was probably algae because the women who got it out of the tank had to chase it around, making the tank stir up. Well now it looks like it is getting more spots on it. I have other fish in the tank and they are fine. I checked the ph level and it is 7.0. So what do you guys think it could be? I don't know much about this kind of fish, i looked on most of the fish sites and couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Twilight

AC Members
Sep 9, 2002
Born in the USA
Maybe you should call the petstore. I have never heard of this. But I can tell you that I have several parrots and as you know they are dyed. They lose this dyed color eventually..... as mine did and during which they had some color dyed spots here and there from losing the dye and returning to their original color. It may be this.

Last edited:

munkee

AC Members
Oct 21, 2001
im assuming the hybrids right? heh..the infamous black spot disease :D . some people said before that it was a disease for BPs, but it really only is just because of stress. it'll go away as time passes. if it doesnt check your water parameters and all that good stuff

Lynsey

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Yeah, it is just stress. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I should go away, just don't mess around with the tank that much for a while (ie, new tank mates, new decorations etc.).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store