Pseudogast romyzon (myersi)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goldene

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
hillstream loach 'Pseudogast romyzon (myersi)

Do any of you have or know anything about hillstream-bornio loach 'pseudogast romyzon (myersi) as I have one and would like to know more about them, cheers.

Last edited:

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
I had one for almost a year in an 80 degree tank and he did an awsome job of eating the algae off of plants. He eventually lept to his death, which is surprising when you see the way they're built. But anyways, from the description and from what I've heard, they should be fine in a cooler tank. The streams are montane, so there's alot being fed from melting snow.

goldene

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
How on earth did he manage get out of the tank? did he look anything like this.

Last edited:

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
Yes. Don't ask me, but he was a potato chip one morning. Believe me, I was as amazed as you are. I figure if he got even a little airborn it would be all to easy for him to hydroplane out. No matter how, he did it.

goldene

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
I am glad Iv moved my fish into a tank with a fitting top now, as the 4ft tank I had them in before was open topped, because the water from the air stone was splashing on the lid, and seeping down the stand onto the floor, where my poor dog got the blame for weeing on the carpet, until we realised it was the fish tank, so we took the lid off (It had been specially made to go with the furniture) but turned out to be no good, 'tippical' Its amazing how your loach got out, I guess you had a open top as well or surely it wouldn't have got out?

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
Just the open couple of inches in the back for the filters.

goldene

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by VoodooChild
Just the open couple of inches in the back for the filters.
Ok now you have got me worried :eek: fingers crossed no!!!

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
He lasted at least a year, and I've never heard about it from the other people I know that own them. I wouldn't worry;)

goldene

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
Ok cheers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store