Psycho fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amber

AC Members
Jan 2, 2003
Texas
Visit site
I have two Oscars. One is about 2 1/2 inches and the other WAS about 1 1/2 inches. They used to get along great. They would swim around together and play. Friday night we noticed that the bigger Oscar...we call him Dalmer now and you'll find out why....seemed really angry. He was darting around and just looking really angry. Saturday morning, we notice the small one had some scales missing. So did the bigger one, but not as bad. Anyway, we caught him picking at the smaller one. He would nip at him, and he would also swim into him so fast it would knock the smaller one to the gravel. We didn't have another tank to put the smaller one in, so we were going to get a divider temporarily. But he pretty much killed the smaller one before we got the divider. Would any of you know what might have caused the bigger one to suddenly get so angry that he killed the smaller one? I'm SO MAD because the smaller one was so beautiful! Let me know your thoughts.....

Amber

AC Members
Jan 2, 2003
Texas
Visit site
10 gallons. I KNOW, that's not good!! We were going to get a bigger a week or so ago, but something came up. Family is more important, so we weren't able to purchase a bigger tank. We plan to buy another one in another week.

Faramir

The twit from over the pond.
Nov 20, 1998
Chesterfield UK
Mystery solved. Oscars are territorial.

Amber

AC Members
Jan 2, 2003
Texas
Visit site
But they got along wonderful for two weeks. It was just overnight he got mad. He still is acting angry about something. He's still darting around, attacking the plants, ramming into the thermometer and the sides of the tank.

oscar andy

I'm with stupid^
Jan 16, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
The tanks to small and he wants more room thats why he's mad. It probaly took him 2 weeks to adjust to the tank, then he started fighting for his teritory

Amber

AC Members
Jan 2, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Well, if he doesn't stop, I'll stick him in my 1.8 gallon Sponge Bob Square Pants fish tank and see how he likes that. HAHAHA Kidding! I'm fairly new at this whole Oscar thing, but I'm learing quickly. What makes me the most mad is that little oscar survived the cycle. I didn't know you were supposed to cycle the tank. I just plopped him right in. I was told he would die...that he wouldn't survive the cycle. But he did! I was so happy he did, then Dalmer had to go and kill him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store