Puffers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Frobins

AC Members
Jul 27, 2019
I can't recall if I had kuhli's in with mine or not. The puffers ignored other fish completely, though, so don't think they'd bother. Swap them for the cories, though, since both are bottom dwellers. I'm a fan of pencils more than tetras, so look at hockeystick pencils. Neat fish, get to be in the 2-3 range, happy in planted setups.
Hey, so I am really bad at numbers at I feel like I always overstock my tanks. Do you have like a ballpark guess as to how many of each I can put in?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Not really, because it depends on more factors than just 'x fish'. Dense planting with fast growing plants, weekly water changes, lightly fed versus 2 anubias with heavy feedings and monthly water changes for example. I'd go with 6 of each group fish, pair of apistos, and then test. Determine the level of maintenance you can keep up with...and then be a bit sparing, since I firmly believe life will screw up your plans, and a lightly stocked tank is MUCH more likely to survive than one that is right on the edge.

Frobins

AC Members
Jul 27, 2019
Not really, because it depends on more factors than just 'x fish'. Dense planting with fast growing plants, weekly water changes, lightly fed versus 2 anubias with heavy feedings and monthly water changes for example. I'd go with 6 of each group fish, pair of apistos, and then test. Determine the level of maintenance you can keep up with...and then be a bit sparing, since I firmly believe life will screw up your plans, and a lightly stocked tank is MUCH more likely to survive than one that is right on the edge.
Alright, thanks Im gonna set up the plants first. Then add, the fish and see how it goes from there. Will there be any issues if I add more puffers or pencil fish later down the road? (beating up on them or extra aggresion)

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Puffers, maybe, and I would plan to put them in last and quarantine for a full 6 weeks before adding them. Pencils/kuhli's, I've never seen aggression issues.

Reactions: dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store