PVC hiding places

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

garryp

AC Members
Dec 29, 2011
I wanna make simple pvc pipe hiding places. I have 1 1/4 in. pvc which is maybe too small except for fry or shrimp. Nothing fancy, just cut, paint outside to kinda match the substrate, leave inside white so that I can see who is home, and partially bury in random positions.

Anywho, I do not know if my little guests need "caves" or "tunnels", one having one entrance the other having two entrances.

ladyblues1965

AC Members
May 15, 2008
Helena Arkansas
Real Name
Kelley Taylor
I have seen them made from pvc with substate "glued" to them with silicone . My friend made some by coating the pvc and rolling it in the substrate . they turned out nice and her plecos loved them.

Linden

A box of animals way off the ground
Jun 11, 2006
Minneapolis
I made ugly-butt PVC towers out of 2" pipe for my baby dwarf cichlids and grown-up loaches. All the other fish like to inspect the openings and crevices, though. Because of how silicon (use only 100% silicon) sets, you can only add one layer per day to your tower. I wish now I would have had the patience to roll the pieces in substrate first.

I borrowed a SawzAll to cut the pipe. Bought them a couple of new blades to repapy the tool borrowing.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store