Python and water changes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gvildawg

AC Members
Mar 6, 2007
Greenville, SC
www.myspace.com
That's what I do. You need to match the temperature of the water coming from the faucet to the tank as closely as possible.

BadDogsPa

AC Members
May 14, 2007
Yeppers just add the estimated amount of treatment to the tank and filler up.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
add enough water conditioner to treat the whole tank, not the amount of water you removed.

looksrshady

AC Members
Feb 27, 2007
Sorry to hijack but can or does prime expire?
That exactly how i do it and i just checked my stats and i have an ammo spike. The only thing i can think of is the fact that i dosed prime in the tank first then filled it up with water.2 tanks a 29 and a 10 and both have ammo spikes,both tanks have been cycled for months.

I didnt do anything diff besides the water changes since i just got my python recently.No over feeding,no new fish
Either my prime is bad or some of my bacteria died off when i turned my filters off for like 20 minutes when i fed baby brine shrimp,which i doubt but not sure.Prime treats 50 gal per cap,i use 1 cap for my 50% wc in my ten and 2 caps in my wc on the 29.

Is it possible for tanks to be too clean?
every week i do a 50% wc on both tanks and i do heavy vacs also.
maybe that can play a factor?

All thoughts welcome

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Yes you sure can do it that way..is there any other?

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Sorry to hijack but can or does prime expire?
That exactly how i do it and i just checked my stats and i have an ammo spike. The only thing i can think of is the fact that i dosed prime in the tank first then filled it up with water.2 tanks a 29 and a 10 and both have ammo spikes,both tanks have been cycled for months.

I didnt do anything diff besides the water changes since i just got my python recently.No over feeding,no new fish
Either my prime is bad or some of my bacteria died off when i turned my filters off for like 20 minutes when i fed baby brine shrimp,which i doubt but not sure.Prime treats 50 gal per cap,i use 1 cap for my 50% wc in my ten and 2 caps in my wc on the 29.

Is it possible for tanks to be too clean?
every week i do a 50% wc on both tanks and i do heavy vacs also.
maybe that can play a factor?

All thoughts welcome
have you tested your tap water for ammonia? why do you overdose on the Prime? the amount you add to your 10g is 5 times as much as necessary. on the bottle it says you can use that much, but only as an emergency treatment for dangerously high nitrites. even beneficial chemicals are still chemicals. do the fish eat all the bbs or is a lot left over to spoil in the gravel? prime doesn't go bad.

looksrshady

AC Members
Feb 27, 2007
I dont know why i Od on the prime i guess im one of those people lol,The fish do eat most of the shrimp and whatever is left over i do take out as much as i can with a water change and vac.I do have ammo in tap but i never had a problem with it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store