Q-tank ?'s

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chenya

AC Members
Apr 29, 2006
Central IL
My local Petco is going out of business. Petsmart opened down the road a few years ago and Petco has gone downhill since then. I normally never shop there but couldn't resist since everything in the store was on sale (last week everything was anywhere from 40-80% off). Well anyway I bought a Eclipse 6 gallon tank. I plan on using this as a q-tank since I don't keep any really large fish.

I just set this tank up last night. I don't have a heater yet, but that is a easy fix. I tested the water today and everything was at a normal range. I can move filter media from another tank if I need to, but what does everyone do to keep the tank cycled in between use?

I thought about putting something in the tank (either a betta or white clouds) then moving them out when I needed to use it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I don't keep it up. I just move media over when or if needed. Many meds can harm the bacteria anyways so I just rely on water changes.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
same here, i just keep an extra sponge filter going on my main tank to move to the qt as needed. break down the tank in between the times i use it.

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
i just keep an extra sponge filter going on my main tank to move to the qt as needed. break down the tank in between the times i use it.
:cool: Ditto!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store