Question about Parrot Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tuthelimit

Renewed Member
May 19, 2002
Charleston, SC
Nothing wrong with a little debate!
In fact, arguing constructively is one of the best persuasive methods to accomplish… well anything. Besides we all knows it’s easier to take a stance in the middle, not offending anyone.

I have not said anything offensive and you can choose to read my posts or not. You’re right, this issue has been a debated topic for a while, but in this business new things don’t come around all too often.

As it is your opinion that people should not discuss these issues at all, it is mine that they should. Since neither one of us has been appointed the paragon of all aquatic philosophical debate, I’ll continue doing what I’m doing.

Because, I am always willing to compromise…
Keep blood parrots: fine
Breed them: fine
Distribute the fry, to friends, lfs, and chain stores: PLEASE DON’T, you have yourself a wonderful supply of feeders. :)

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Debates get alot of info,as what tuthelimit said,don't spread about blood parrots,besides they can't breed anyway,they are infertile,flowerhorns are a different case.......

Co/\/vict

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Columbia, TN
parrots can breed, just rarely. Minor correction.

ttl, fine debate only for the 1,000,553,565,673,789,456,345,341 th time! I just get tired of hearing if the blood parrot, among other hybrids, moral issues! TTL, what can you possibly do, stop the lfs from shipping the parrots to their store to be sold? I highly doubt it. So please stop whining about something that you have no power over the outcome.

Co/\/vict

tuthelimit

Renewed Member
May 19, 2002
Charleston, SC
Originally posted by Co/\/vict
parrots can breed, just rarely. Minor correction.

ttl, fine debate only for the 1,000,553,565,673,789,456,345,341 th time!
Co/\/vict
Hahah, it seems like it doesn't it! :D

Yes, it would be foolish for me to think that I as a single individual could stop blood parrots from being sold at all fish stores. However, I was very successful at stopping them at mine. All it took was to explain to the owner the process in which some of these fish are dyed. Did I make a difference in the market? I did in my small neighborhood.

A lady walked into one of my favorite stores the other day and asked for a bag of jellybeans, one of each color. I asked her what size tank they were going in, her response a 20H. Now, I am not some wild fanatic that gets worked up over these things, although my writing may indicated that I am more flamboyant then I really am. I casually filled her in that these fish would probably get at least 6”. He laughed at me, pointed to the sign, which was labeled “community fish” and walked away. Those fish were doomed they moment they were placed in that section. People don’t listen, for all she knew I could have been trying to deter her from buying, only so I could snatch them up myself.

Oh, and “whining” is to complain or protest in a childish fashion. Although I have not set up my points in the form of a true syllogism, they remain well constructed and stray far from “whining.”

All this aside… am I the only person who wants to own cichlids, not gold fish?

ttl

Lynsey

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Yes, if your BP is laying eggs, you can get a convict male for her. Just make sure that the convict is smaller than your BP (because the convicts can be very aggressive). The male convicts: do not have color on their bellies (like red, pink, yellow, orange) and their dorsal fin is longer and more pointed than the female.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store