Question on Midas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
I have had a midas for a couple weeks. Yes and before you start getting on to me, It is no permanet thing. I actually beleive I may have a rare one. I found it at Petsmart of all places. They had like 2 tanks full of midas and texas cichlids and I believe flowerhorns too. Anyway I was looking at them and I saw one the was white with a couple red spots on its head. I just had to get it. I just wanted to nkow if I might have a rarer one. It has no orange on its whole body, just red and white. It is so cute. Its about 1 1/2 inch long. Its already flaring at the glass. A guy I nkow at a store says I might be able to get a little money for it when it gets to a bigger size. Just thought Id share. Have a good day!:cool:

Rare Cichlids

I'm In Bloom
Dec 2, 2000
Visit site
Like Rus said it will change a bit. But It is obvious that it is a Red Head Variante. So it will remain mostly white with red markings. Many have red spots on the fins near the back, red pectoral fins, and red marks around the head which may completely cover the head or atleast form rings around the eyes and a red throat. This is one of my favorite morphs of the Midas. They are not really rare, but aren't exactly common either. I was very pleased to find the one I have. Any large uncommom cichlid will fetch a nice price but don't expect to get rich. Overall it is a nice find.

Good Luck

Frameshift

Cookie Monster
Oct 22, 2001
Honolulu, HI
Just out of curiosity, what size tank and other fish? You'd be suprised what damage a small RD/midas can do to other fish, regardless of the type or size. If the tank has other fish, that you wish to keep alive, I would get rid of the RD/midas pronto, cause I bet by the time it is 3-4 " it will be a mean little bugger.

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
Thanx for yals replies. Its still doing fine. Its in a 30 gallon for the time but like I said, I will probabley sell it or trade it to my cousin for something. Other fish are a pleco and a rainbow shark. Thanks again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store