questions about new yoyo loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sguthrie

.???`?.?>
Feb 26, 2004
GA
Visit site
Hello, everyone. I have a question about my three new yoyo loaches that I purchased yesterday for my 50gal.

Two of the loaches swim around in the aquarium together, but the other one keeps to itself, trying to lodge itself in a piece of bogwood. It'll stick itself in, wiggle around a lot, stop, wiggle, and then come back out when it seems to get tired. It'll stay in the same spot right under the hole for a while, and then it'll do it again. It doesn't really move from there unless one of the others comes over while it's out of the hole. Normal?

They're in there with a pretty big bristlenose catfish and seven zebra danios. Thanks

sguthrie

.???`?.?>
Feb 26, 2004
GA
Visit site
Hey y'all,

I've got another question or two. It seems as if the hiding in the bogwood is normal from what I've read. Here's what I'm not sure about.

The one that hides in the bogwood--its color isn't as defined as the other two. Where the other ones are lighter with dark lines, this one is darker with lines that aren't as dark as the others. It isn't nearly as active as the other two. Also, I put in some tubifex worms today. The other two started devouring worms, but this one just kinda sat there. It watched them eat, but I never saw him eat any.

One other thing that I haven't seen the other two do is something that this one does with his mouth. It looks like he's flexing his barbels or something. He opens his mouth as wide as it'll go and then close it. He'll do that while he's just sitting there.

I was curious if there's anything that I should do or at least watch for.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

dethjam316

AC Members
Apr 6, 2003
south of nowhere, north of nothing
generally, loaches' colors will become more defined as they get comfortable in your tank. however, the brilliance of their colors also is shaped by the pecking order they establish in their shoal. so that alone isn't enough to figure anything out. it sounds like the other two are healthy and are getting comfy in their new digs. the other one may be sick...especially if he's not eating.

i'm sorry i can't be of more help, i didn't see any other responses, and i didn't want to leave you hanging.

sguthrie

.???`?.?>
Feb 26, 2004
GA
Visit site
I appreciate you looking out for me.

I just need to know what to look out for if he is sick. He doesn't have any visible parasites. I'd hate for him to kick the bucket. I really like them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store