Quick Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

scott-kim

AC Members
May 30, 2007
I think a 37g (30" long/12"wide/and about 20" tall) would be good for a pair of angels and some Rams.

lovejonesx

AC Members
Dec 5, 2003
Visit site
Were I gonna put guppies & Angels together,....I'd not spend that much on the guppies,b/c they are most likely to become "GULPIES" at some point when the Angels get accustomed to their surroundings.

I'd try my BEST to go for the higher 30's and up sized tank for Angels also.

Smitti

AC Members
May 29, 2005
Wasaga Beach On
well i am getting a 30g with stand, and some other stuff this weekend for $50. I went in to talk to one of the guys that i know at my local big al's and he said that as long as the angles are babies and grow up with the guppies they should be fine together, BUT to keep an eye on the guppies.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
There's about a 50/50 chance (estimating) that if you get dime-size angels the same time you get guppies (guppies are in/go in before angels) they would live peacefully. I'd say that angels can't live in a 30g. Although I don't really like guppies (all livebearers (besides some swords and mollies), they're just soooo common and plentiful), here's a stock list:

6 guppies (2 male guppies, 4 females)
6 cories
6 rasboras
6 tetras (not neons or cardinals, lemons, glowlights, serpaes, etc.)

This would be a schooling tanks, from rough-schoolers (guppies, somewhat cories) to complete schoolers (tetras, rasboras (?))

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Angels..a pair would be fine in a 30..the 29 is taller tho and is more suitable for angels.

guppies and angels are generally not a good pairing.

raising angels with guppies..even when small..may not work..I guarantee my angels will make quick snacks of guppies..heck those freakin pigs will make short work of oto's and oto's have a very effective defense mechanism.

Guppies..over angels??
what's the world coming to....:headshake2: ;)

I keep a lot of angels..wilds and domestics..I'm actually in the hunt for a good source of Altums.

Smitti

AC Members
May 29, 2005
Wasaga Beach On
Guppies..over angels??
what's the world coming to....:headshake2: ;)
Its not so much guppies over angels its a quieter tank, a more comuniety tank.

I did get my tank last night and it looks bigger than a 35g to me. I would have to go and measure it.

I feel kinda like i ripped the guy off...I payed him $50 for a what he said was a 33g hood, Aquaclear filter (and replacement cartredges), heater, chemicals, decorations, a really nice peace of rock that would have cost me $20, and a stand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store